No announcement yet.

BFG GTX280 OC DX10 crash problems plz help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG GTX280 OC DX10 crash problems plz help!

recently upgraded to a BFG GTX280 OC, and all is well when gaming in Dx9, although when i even attempt to play crysis, crysis warhead, gears of war etc. in Dx10 when i launch the game all i see is a green screen, or the game with little green blocks and then each game crashes. I have tried 185.85 (current), 186.18, 190.38, 190.56 all to no avail. Do i have a bad card or is it just directx10? and if so please tell me how to fix this problem.

Re: BFG GTX280 OC DX10 crash problems plz help!

Wow, no reply in 1 1/2 months.................
    This sounds almost identical to my problem, except I have had my card since they very first came out(1 year, maybe 13 months). You don't wanna know what I payed for it either. I wish I would forget lol. Caught it on "sale" on newegg, and total was like 630 bones. It really aggravates me, the time it takes for hardware to be replaced with the "next best thing". These things get developed so fckin fast, and rushed through the manufacturing process, then fly by QA so fast that it makes their heads spin and they get dizzy and let anything slide by. I mean seriously, Nvidia was announcing these 200 series GPU's right after we first heard about monica lewinsky; yeah they may have just barely announced the Geforce 2 series to debut that week with support for the new AGP x8, but looking to the future ftw!! (36 platforms into the future, but hey, who's counting? not Nvidia!!).
    GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    i7 920 @ stock clocks ATM
    Coolermaster V8 w/stock fan @69.69cfm @21dBA
    3 x 2gb corsair DDR3@1600mhz pc12800 9-9-9-24 @1.65v
    ram model #TR3X6G1600C9
    BFG Nvidia GTX280 OC
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 PCI-EX
    Bigfoot K1 Killer NIC PCI
    Kingwin MACH1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000w PSU
    Antec 1200 case
    3 x 120mm front mounted intake fans
    2 x 120mm rear exhaust fans
    1 x 200mm top mounted exhaust fan
    1 x 120mm side panel mounted intake fan (for GFX card)
    1 x 120mm internally mounted also for GFX card
    *needless to say, all fans @max, this baby resembles Katrina!!

"Sony could make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them." ~ Bill Gates

Comment

Re: BFG GTX280 OC DX10 crash problems plz help!

still testing, but i am getting the screen full of nonsense as soon as i try to boot into any windows.........even freshly installed virgin windows............tried win 7 earlier and found something interesting. after windows installed and rebooted, i made it to the first run screen that says "preparing your registry for first use, preparing your desktop for first use, then the screen after that, which says testing your video performance IIRC, immediately the same **** happened, not barely 2 seconds after it said, checking your video performance......boom!! another one bites the dust.............(lol song is in my head, despite not hearing it in years maybe? lol)
      I boot into linux environment with no issues, and WINPE as well, zero issues.......but this happens every single time if i try to boot into a full os. I am about to lose my mind also.................going on 3 days without my computer is not my cup of tea......

I used the last spare pci-express video card i had laying around in a rig i sold 2 months ago..........all i have to test with is AGP..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so no go =(

**update**
      I managed to ^manually^ coerse a semi-old (1 1/2 months? lol) Win 7 ultimate x64 install (7600 RTM) into booting up with NO silly screen anomalies etc...... oddly enough, there happened to be a file in the root of this drive "grldr". Yes, this is arguably the most widely used linux boot loader named, "GRUB". Funny thing, is for the life of me, I do not recall installing it. strange.................anyways the win 7 im now booted to, is trippin cuz hardware config is not identical to when the OS was installed...............stupid a$$ microsoft.........now i cant do anything and i am forcibly being logged in as TEMP..............cant hardly do anything lol........sigh ............. time to do some more "coersing"...................... bbl with updates/progress
      Last edited by solo1420; 09-25-2009, 07:55 AM. Reason: update
      GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
      i7 920 @ stock clocks ATM
      Coolermaster V8 w/stock fan @69.69cfm @21dBA
      3 x 2gb corsair DDR3@1600mhz pc12800 9-9-9-24 @1.65v
      ram model #TR3X6G1600C9
      BFG Nvidia GTX280 OC
      Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 PCI-EX
      Bigfoot K1 Killer NIC PCI
      Kingwin MACH1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000w PSU
      Antec 1200 case
      3 x 120mm front mounted intake fans
      2 x 120mm rear exhaust fans
      1 x 200mm top mounted exhaust fan
      1 x 120mm side panel mounted intake fan (for GFX card)
      1 x 120mm internally mounted also for GFX card
      *needless to say, all fans @max, this baby resembles Katrina!!

"Sony could make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them." ~ Bill Gates

Comment

Working...
      X