Which AGP 3D Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AGP 3D Card?

I'm looking for the best 3D AGP graphics card you can buy. I've only got a V1.0 AGP slot though so what is the fastest card I can have?? Would prefer a GeForce card but I will look at all recommendations.

Cheers

Dan

Basically my motherboard has an AGP slot but is a version 1.0. It can use 1x and 2x speed cards. The newer GeForce 2, 3 and 4 cards require a version 2.0 AGP slot these can use 1x, 2x and 4x speeds and allow faster speeds. I just want the best 3D card I can get that will run in a version 1.0 slot. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Comment

I don't recall AGP slots being refered to as V1.0 or V2.0 before...maybe It's just some thing I've missed :confused:

I've had a GF2Ti200 running in a i440BX motherboard with a 2xAGP slot - it ran fine

I have heard that the newest GF4 cards have some specific voltage requirements that must be met.

try emailing your motherboard mfg support dept. and ask if the GF3 or GF4 series is compatible.

Comment

as far as i know everything up to gf3 is backward compatible with old AGP slots...not sure about GF"s though:cheers:

Comment

So basically you have a 3.3V AGP slot? Umm, maybe a radeon 7500 they are OK

Comment

Sounds like you have enough money to buy the top of the line video card, so i suggest you buy a motherboard. If you have the means, buy a new mobo and vid card. I recommend that you buy a new mobo before a vid card, because the motherboard is the back-bone of your computer. This is my set-up, and it has ran flawless for about 6 months:

ABIT KR7A-133R (no RAID)
            G4 Ti4400 (Upgraded from a G3 in the past year.)
            AMD Athlon XP 1800+
            256MB DDR RAM
            3-HDs (2-8 gb WD, 1-30GB WD)
            Plextor 2410A

G4 Ti 4400 are about $200-$250. Good mobo's are roughly $140.
            (I wouldn't spend more than $150)

Comment

He^ does have a point there. Here in the states good mobos like EPOX or ABit go for 90 to 110 no need to get a 150 mobo. I got mine for 108 bucks, comes with raid and all the other basic stuff...nothing integrated tho...but you prolly have all the other stuff, no?
              : peace2:
              - Damien

Comment

How about a 2x AGP 3dfx Voodoo5-5500? It's still a great card and I just happen to have one for sale (shameless plug.).:cheers:

Comment

Why drag all these old threads up? :confused:

Comment

Working...
                  X