No announcement yet.

Think I found a good deal on a video card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I found a good deal on a video card!

A while back I bought a PNY geforce3 Ti200 and it has worked great ever since then....But I realy want to get into the Geforce4 Ti lineup...I just don't have 200.00 to 300.00 to spend on a video card. So I went searching the net and I searched everywhere I could.....EBay, Pricewatch, Pricegrabber,etc. Then I tried Googlegear and I found out that they have a Gainward GeForce4 Ti4200 with 64 mb of DDRAM for 142.50!! And that INCLUDES two-day fed ex shipping!! (Only was 50 cents extra for two day air....It was going to be over 10.00 for GROUND!!) Plus I can pay by money order!! Most sites only accept major credit cards! (I DON'T have one) I paid 96.00 for the card I currently have (I got it used off ebay).....wish I had of looked here sooner......oh,well....I plan on selling mine and getting this one!! I have heard good reviews on Gainward cards so I think they are a good deal. Anybody know of a better deal than that???
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

That's the cheapest that I've seen the GF4Ti cards going for. Just make sure that they have a reasonable return policy in case it's not exactly what the doctor ordered. It sounds like you're on to something, though. Just overclock it and you'll be good to go. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

That it a very impressive deal, I don't know what to think... What is the next best price you have seen DARTH? I think it is a mistake, because very near to it, they are selling a GF4 MX460 for the SAME price...

Comment

I have changed my opinion, I do not think it is a mistake, just a really good deal. The best I can do on ebay for a new item is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2036156045

Which can be bought this second for 161$ shipped brand new. The best of ebay prices are not usually beat by etailers, but it does occasionally happen.

Now I'm wondering are there any known issues with this particular card? Maybe that is why it is selling cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
          I have changed my opinion, I do not think it is a mistake, just a really good deal. The best I can do on ebay for a new item is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2036156045

Which can be bought this second for 161$ shipped brand new. The best of ebay prices are not usually beat by etailers, but it does occasionally happen.

Now I'm wondering are there any known issues with this particular card? Maybe that is why it is selling cheap?
          Well I have looked up reviews on this particular card on google.com(I just typed in the name of the card Grimwald geforce4 Ti 4200....and added review on the end) and have noticed that what is basically said about the card is that it performs well. AND is very overclockable! I don't think it comes wiith any fancy extras...like expensive software or anything like that...just the card manual and drivers....but SHEEESH!! I can always get a good deal on software somwhere else!! Another thing I have noticed about the card you put up is that it is 12.00 GROUND SHIPPING....This one is 50 cents SECOND DAY AIR!!
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
            That it a very impressive deal, I don't know what to think... What is the next best price you have seen DARTH? I think it is a mistake, because very near to it, they are selling a GF4 MX460 for the SAME price...

I think I am going to buy it now while it is being offered!! Don't know if it will be around tomorrow!!!
            Here are my specs:

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              That's the cheapest that I've seen the GF4Ti cards going for. Just make sure that they have a reasonable return policy in case it's not exactly what the doctor ordered. It sounds like you're on to something, though. Just overclock it and you'll be good to go. :)

They have a 15 day money back guarantee from the purchase date. (This would be an item covered under that warranty...it's a RETAIL ITEM) Should be plenty of time to see weather or not the card works OR get a return authorization number and send it back if it doesn't....(takes about ONE BUSINESS day to process the order from what they say on the website)
              Here are my specs:

Comment

Originally posted by webe3
                I just typed in the name of the card Grimwald geforce4 Ti 4200
                Grimwald or Gainward?
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

It IS a Gainward card...just went to the site and looked. Sorry if I said any other brand!!
                  Here are my specs:

Comment

Working...
                  X