geforce4 ti4600 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geforce4 ti4600 question

i want to buy a geforce4 ti4600... however, i was looking around, and i see tons of different ones... ASUS, XTASY, eVGA, etc... What is the difference in all of these? Which is the best? I thought a geforce4 ti4600 was a geforce4 ti4600... I'm very confused now as to all these different types...

The main difference is the stuff that comes with the card like games, DVD playing software and so on. The different brands will also have different performance, but the gap is pretty dam small, and they will also overclock to different levels.
    Some cards like the Triplex ones have cool coloured PCB's, which doesnt make to much of a difference.
    If your wondering which brand is the best, id look at getting either a Leadtek, ASUS, Gainward or Triplex (cause they look cool), but most of the others are very good aswell.

Comment

does anybody know which of the cards would be a BAD one to get? I'll make sure to avoid those... As long as they are all almost the same... the xtasy one looks reasonable... it's around 300 dollars brand new

Comment

Uh, cant think of any **** ones off the top of my head, just look on the internet, and if you cant find any reviews, or find a very negative review, steer clear.

Comment

Just go with a known brand like:

MSI
          Leadtek
          Asus
          Gigabyte
          Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by fragman
            Just go with a known brand like:

MSI
            Leadtek
            Asus
            Gigabyte
            Hercules
            Hercules dont make nVIDIA cards anymore :( Pity, cause my Herc Ti200 overclocks bloody well :)

Comment

Thats right - they've gone ATI/Kyro lines now. D"oh, should have remembered that

Comment

Check out the reviews that are linked from here, http://www.8dimensional.com/nVGF4Ti.html , and that should help you make a decission. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Check out this page too: http://www.tweakers.com.au/articles/...ndup/page1.asp

Regards :cheers:

Comment

i'd say the best are x-micro cards...they;re really cheap and o/c quite well :D

Comment

Well I purchased a GF 4 TI-4600 (Asus TI 4600) and about 3 days after I got it I finally got a chance to test over the weekend as well as test it out with GTA 3. This is what I am greeted with:

and before anyone tells me to update my drivers and directx, it's already been done and I have the 1.1 patch too.
                      I put the old GF 2 MX 400 in and everything is Uber slow but no graphic imperfections to be seen. Coincidence maybe, I think not.
                      If anyone can think of anything obvious here before I send the card back to the on-line retailer (which shall remain anonymous for now) please share the info.

Cheers all :wave:

Comment

How do ya have ya AGP configured in BIOS? :?:

Comment

There are massive problems with GTA3 (Like super crap performance on good PC's). If you dont get wierd stuff happening in other games, maybe you should keep the card cause GTA3 seems to be luck of the draw whether it will work. (Mine does :D )

Comment

Wiggo, I have the AGP 4x with Fast Writes enabled in the BIOS.

I have been playing GTA 3 this morning and it only seems to be minor patchs of the game particularly when I am driving in Portland Island but know way near as bad as was seen in the picture I provided earlier. I originally thought that this was a heat problem but now as was said by Nick it could very well be a GTA 3 issue. I will continue to play GTA 3 throughout the day (shouldn't be too hard cause the gameplay is defintly FUN) and when/if it stuffs up again I will try some other games for a while to see if there are any visual artifacts.

Thanks for your insights peoples

Cheers :thumb:

Comment

Try it with the fast writes disabled and see if the quality improves. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X