Hardware T&L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware T&L

I have recently purchased Spider-man: The movie PC game. After installing the game and running it the message, "This game requires a Hardware T&L graphics card" comes up. After doing some looking around I learnt more about Hardware Transform and Lighting. Although unless I buy a new graphics card I cannot overcome this problem, according to all the websites.

Is there any way to tweak or trick the computer or game into thinking I have a Hardware T&L graphics card, so I can play this game.

Ryan
    (PLEASE HELP!!)

Nope, can't be done. Even if ya do, it sounds like you have some integrated graphics or some fairly old card without T and L. You can pick up a cheap GeForce 2 MX for around $50 on-line and that would give you the T&L ya need.

Comment

What make/type/details is your computer? Does it have an AGP slot? :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes I do have an agp slot with a ATI Rage Fury in it.

NEC DIRECTION
        PIII 650
        ATI Rage Fury 32mb AGP
        512mb RAM
        Creative Soundblaster 1024 live

Comment

Go buy a GeForce 2 MX or whatever GeForce you can afford. I don't think you'll really be able to make good use of a GeForce 4 Ti4600 with that rig, but something like a GF2 MX should be appropriate.

Comment

I have found an ATI Radeon 8500 128mb RAM. Does this have hardware t&l and what is this card like?

Ryan

Comment

Yes it has Hardware T&L and yes it is a good video card. The Radeon 8500 is the big boy of ATi and will even support DirectX 8.1 features. But make sure of two things before you go buy this card...

1- That your system meets the minimum system requirements;
              2- That your AGP bus supports the Radeon AGP rating (2x/4x).
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

To all you people that have helped. Thanks very much!!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                X