What brand GF4 ti 4400 should i get for a good warranty, 2d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand GF4 ti 4400 should i get for a good warranty, 2d

What brand GF4 ti 4400 should i get for a good warranty, 2d quality, able to overclock to GF4 ti 4600 speeds +, good cooling so i will not have to add any extra cooling when i overclock it to GF4 ti 4600 speeds, with tv out and maybe tv in if possible, etc?

What brands do you all own here for nvidia video cards in GF4 Tis

All GF4's will give you the same 2D quality. And unless you intend to play 2 extremely demanding games that will be coming out next Jan - March, you will not need a GF4 if it is mainly (entirely) used for 2D work.

If you want great 2D quality grab any 50 - 100 dollar Matrox.

Comment

I game a lot but i do want good, accept 2d quality thats all.

Comment

If you want good 2D quality get a radeon 8500, they have much better image quality than the nVidia line of cards, and are still way more than fast enough to run any game out today

Comment

Also keep in mind that when we talk about '2D' quality, we are splitting hairs on who is better. -- They are all so tremendously good compared with those of a few years ago.

Comment

I have seen a few real cheap GF2MX400 knock off's that had terrible 2d - it was even difficult to read some web pages.

that's the fault of the board producer not the chipset itself - I've seen some bad 3rd party Radeon 7000's too.

Comment

True, buy no name crap and you deserve what you get.

Comment

Gainward has good image quality. Hercules does as well, although they don't make any GF4's sadly:( They do make Radeon 8500's however...

Comment

All the GeForce 4's have the same 2D and image quality. The radeon 8500's have better 2D and image quality as well as better DVD playback than the GeForce cards

Comment

That maybe true now (though I've only seen results personally on 3 name brand cards) but when the elcheapo makers start pumping them out and cutting corners to keep prices down then some poor quality 2D versions are likely to be around again. :(
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well, with ATI partnering with other companies, it is possible that the other, non-ATI 8500s and the like may not be as sharp as ATI's own 8500. It's partially due to some engineering, not the chip.

Same reason some companies can manage to make an Intel chipset based board suck hard or make a Via board shine. It's partially the chip, and partially the company that makes the product with the chip in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X