Ge-Force PCI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge-Force PCI?

Are there any Ge-Force video cards that will fit into a PCI slot these days? Any names of products and links of where to buy them would be kool!
    Thanks,
    Josh

I HATE FARIES-
    :kay: :shoot2:

There use to be some GF2MX PCI cards around but I havn't seen any around since before last Xmas now. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Like Wiggo said, there used to be some gf2MX cards, but it's been a while since I've seen one too. Check out eBay or the online store list <a href="http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=975" target="_blank">here</a>. I know that Jaton are one of the companies that make / made these cards though.

Comment

They seemed to have disappeared when the MX200/400's came out for some reason but several of the places that I buy from had them but soon dropped from sight. The Hercules Kyro's are the only PCI cards that I can find now that have any performance but they are known to have some compatability issues with them. :smokin:

Comment

I won a HP prebuilt computer in an online competetion. Its a P3-800 and it has 18MB onboard memory but it slows down the computer a great deal. Casue the stupid custom MoBo doesnt have an AGP slot im lookin around for a half decent PCI video card. Thanks Beefy ill have a look on ebay!

Comment

Well PCI cards generally suk ( i would know i have one). I also had to take time to find a PCI card cos my POS gateway board had no AGP slot. Eventually i bought a TNT2 model 64, and it performed about as well as the onboard 8meg Riva128. gamedude sells MX400's in PCI, however they are more expensive and dont perform as well. If i were you i would look into a matrox card. The 3D performance of the G550 is equivalent to that of an AGP Geforce 2, and the 2D performance is much better, and it also has a PCI interface

Comment

PCI cards may suck when compared to AGP ones but they beat the **** out of most onboard video options. :devil:

Oh I found some PCI GF2MX400 64MB cards at Zone Computing. ;)

Comment

I just want a video card (PCI) that will stop draggin my Processor's performance down and enough power to play 'The Sims'. Thanks everyone for ya help!

Comment

Well that one should stop the performance hit. ;)

Comment

I suggest the VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 MX 420. It has 64MB SDRAM and it kicks the crap out of the 16MB Voodoo 3 2000 I was using. :p

Comment

I have a GF2 32MB (PCI)...its does the job when playing CS...but i got it on a P3 933, 512 SDRam and got a 810 in my 3dmark...so in other words don't spend too much on it..if its gonna be a PCI card.: peace2:
                      - Damien

Comment

Elsa Geforce2 based "Gladiac 511 PCI"

I have one and I love it.. but I am about to switch to AGP...

Pro's: great 3D and very functional. Twin display and S-Video out.

Con's: the company just burnt out.. so software updates dont come easy...

decent write-up on it @
                        http://www.digit-life.com/articles/g...iac/index.html

hope it helps...

Comment

PNY do a PCI GeForce4 MX420. I've just bought one but not installed it yet, I need a 35W power supply to run it. They are at www.pny.com

Comment

one thing to remember with pci videp cards is if u have a geforce or better, disable hardware TnL...this is bcos hardware TnL uses lotsa PCI/AGP bandwidth...:cheers:

Comment

ok im not realy sure but when i bought my g-force card in the manual it said somthing about the cards being desinged for agp or pci so i would be led to think that this company makes both??
                              im not to sure cause ive never seen one but what you got to loose by checking right?? ok im talking about the gianward cards so i would check it out you never know??? hope this helps..........

Comment

Working...
                              X