Ti4600 Incompatibilities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti4600 Incompatibilities...

How do i know if my motherboard will support the high voltage required by the GeForce 4 Ti4600 series?

In TT's review on my mobo (EPoX 4SDA+) they didnt list a voltage for the AGP Slot:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=155&dPage=2

but in the recent EPoX 4G4A+ reivew, the AGP 4x slot is listed as the following: "1 AGP 4x (1.5v only)"

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=269&dPage=2

I checked in my BIOS (current got a GF2 Pro 64MB DDR installed) and the AGP voltages range from 1.5 - 1.9v.....Cam Johnson (4G4A+ reviewer) says the voltages for that mobo also range from 1.5 - 1.9

Will a GF4 Ti4600 work on my motherboard?
    Will a GF4 Ti4600 work on the EPoX 4G4A+ mobo??

They'll work with any P4 board that has an AGP slot as Intel demands it. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

but what about the fact that the AGP slot is rated at "1.5v only" and the Ti4600 requires 3 volts or so to function?

Comment

All of the GeForce4 boards are AGP 4x compatible. This means that they will work on 1.5v since that is part of the AGP 4x standard.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

ok, so all these rumors of gf4 ti4600 cards shorting out people's motherboards is all untrue?

Comment

I must be sleeping because I haven't been hearing about any problems with the Ti series killing motherboards. Even in my system (AMD, but AGP 4x in use) the motherboard reports my AGP voltage at 1.5v
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

yea there were issues with old cards like tnt vanta cards killing new mobos...this is bcos old AGP2x only cards run at 3.3 volts whereas some mobos that only support agp4x(not that many) run at 1.5v and tehrefore fry when running at 3.3v....i think this is a issue only with some intel boards :cheers:

Comment

Working...
              X