No announcement yet.

Why is my 3D Mark performance so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured i'd share this chart with all you tweakers out there.

Comment

Another thing to try is changing the AGP transfer rate from 4x to 1x/2x. I know it sounds silly, but I have found that actually increases the score. Of course your hardware and driver combinations will have some bearing on overall results, but since you putzing around with it anyway, might as well give it a shot.

JM :afro:
      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

wow....decreasing the agp mode speed usually reduces performance quite a bit...hmmm wierd...although maybe with some buggy beta bioses?
        :cheers:

Comment

I have wasted more of my life screwing around with the nvidia drivers than I care to admit. With some of the drivers, I found that just changing the AGP transfer rate got me out of the dreaded "loop" with no perceptable effect to the quality. Like I said, just something to try. Also, again, hardware combinations will have an effect. I tried a lot of things that worked for other people that didn't help me at all. Sometimes you just have to keep crunching til you find something that works for your setup. :hammer:

Just my $.02
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

sounds good to me:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by JealousMidget
              Another thing to try is changing the AGP transfer rate from 4x to 1x/2x. I know it sounds silly, but I have found that actually increases the score. Of course your hardware and driver combinations will have some bearing on overall results, but since you putzing around with it anyway, might as well give it a shot.

I have set back at 2x because 4x actually decreases my performance slightly....
              what can possibly be the reason?

Comment

well as you know ecs mobos are very cheapo...perhaps they just have a design fault

Comment

Working...
                X