Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a stupid ques but...

Only one week left before i recive my Ti4600. *happy*
    Just how powerful are these cards? Do you think I can play the newest and most advanced 3d games for example "Sof 2 double helix" or "grand theft auto 3" at 1280x1024 32 bit color with the highest settings on details etc...? My system is not the fastest. =(

I really like heavy actiongames!!

My system specs is: (Will be)

Only one way to find out - give it a shot!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I also wonder if there can be other damages done to the hardware other than "temperature related" ones when overclocking? I can run my p3 1 Ghz processor in 1,2 Ghz with almost no temperature raize...
      (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Some chips may totally reject the OC and die on the spot, but that's worse case.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I highly doubt you will have any problems playing any games in 1280x1024 X 32 until Doom3 comes out.

If Doom3 interests you, then you will need a new processor, DDR ram, and of course a motherboard to go with it. You will still be able to play DOOM3 fairly well in 800 X 600, but no higher.

You've got a good mobo, you've got AGP 4X, and with the best vid card known to man you are good to go...

Comment

well SOF2 is quake 3 engine based so u should have no trouble running at even 1600x1200...as for GTA3 i don't know much about it....yea i think it'd be a good idea to upgrade cpu/mobo/ram to get your money's worth out of teh gf4:afro:

Comment

Hehe, GTA... unless they made some MAJOR modifications to the game, I would bet a Voodoo2 would play it fine :?:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                well SOF2 is quake 3 engine based so u should have no trouble running at even 1600x1200...as for GTA3 i don't know much about it....yea i think it'd be a good idea to upgrade cpu/mobo/ram to get your money's worth out of teh gf4:afro:
                Yes, it is based on the Q3 engine, but that's all...It's alot harder to run then Q3 due to better textures, animations, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                  Hehe, GTA... unless they made some MAJOR modifications to the game, I would bet a Voodoo2 would play it fine :?:
                  Have u even seen gta3? The PS2 version was pretty impressive, and they have actually bumped everything up a notch for the PC version..

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait...how come it hasn't been released yet :confused:

Anyway, it's gonna rock! :thumb:

Comment

Yeah, the screenshots made me drool...!

:lips:

Comment

:wave: Zeradul bud, GTA3 went 3d, its no longer 2d like the classic GTA, and GTA2. Voodoo2 heh.

Comment

The__tweaker, your CPU will be the limiting factor I'm afraid :(

When I tested the Leadtek GeForce3 TD last year (a slower card than what you're getting), it was held back greatly by my 1GHz Pentium III. How do you tell if your CPU is the bottleneck?

Easy. Load up your favourite game at 640x486 16-bit colour, and get the benchmark result. Then try ramping up to 1024x768 32-bit colour. If the two scores are within 10% of each other, then your CPU is the bottleneck. On the other hand, if your score more than halves, your video card is the bottleneck.

So the ideal balance between CPU and Video Card is a degradation of between 10~50% between the two settings I outlined above :)
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Ah thank you, I'm gonna test it out, I'd probably go for a p4 system in a couple of month.
                            Northwood & Rambus

Comment

yea although in a couple of months amd's thourebred core will be well and truly dominating price/performance unless intel come up with something special again

which could quite easily happen:shoot3:

also i wouldn't get rambus as it does not have much support behind it for upgrades and ddr offers almost the same performance unless you are doing workstation number crunching
                              then again it's hard to speculate wat will happen in a few months...intel will have 533 rambus and 400mhz ddr...AMD had better come up with something more special than mere die shrink if they want to survive happily
                              :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X