Hooking up two monitors to one computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking up two monitors to one computer

Is it possible to hook up two monitors to the same computer? Maybe with 2 video cards? I have no idea how this would be done, but I thought it'd be interesting if I could hook up two monitors to my comp, in order to help me seperate what I'm working on. Just wondering if it's possible, and if so, how would I go about doing it? Thanks.

very possible. fairly easy.

you can either get a card that supports TwinView / nView, or you can use two different video cards....

The xView cards support hooking up two monitors to the one card. I think the Geforce 4 range has this, as well as a fair few Matrox cards.. Matrox, in my opinion, have done this better than anyone, so if you are looking for a one card solution, go for them.

Otherwise, it's simply a case of sticking two video cards into your computer. It's easier if you have a fairly new card (no older than 4 years) and a decent OS to handle it all. (Win 98 does it alright, XP does it well) Just plug them both in and you should be right.

Comment

Great, thanks for the help.

Comment

Yeah, just to add, the second card has to pci *duh*, just incase you didn't know and bought a second AGP video card...

:thumb:

Comment

i thought that was obvious enough to leave out.. but thanks anyways.. :)

Comment

Working...
          X