Problem Unlocking Pipelines On X800GTO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Unlocking Pipelines On X800GTO2

Greetings everyone...I recently decided to upgrade my computer and bought the Sapphire X800GTO2 because of the great deal on it at newegg and from the rather good reviews I saw. I also heard it could be unlocked so that it was pretty much a X850XT. Well I got all my new stuff today and went out to unlock the pipelines. After doing a quick google search I came upon the article on your website. Sounded easy enough, I had flashed the bios on my old radeon card to bring it up a notch and had no problems what so ever. Well unfortuanately things didn't go so well this time, and for some reason the flash just doesn't seem to be taking effect. Everything seems to go well in DOS, I get this nice sounding melody out of my case speaker and the text output looks good but once I boot back into windows ATItool still reads 12 pipelines.

Current Hardware:
    ASUS A8N5X
    AMD 3700+ 64bit processor
    Sapphire X800GTO2 Limited Edition (Blue PCB), ATItool reads core as R480
    MS Windows XP Prof. 64bit

This is all on a fresh install...

Anyhelp, tips, or whatnot would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Problem Unlocking Pipelines On X800GTO2

dont want to patronise, but are you sure you downloaded the correct bios? the right one at the end of the filename says "16p" or similar.

btw, which revision is it? mine's a blue one without a power connector, and wont do x850xt speds, but comes close.

Comment

even though both of ours have recognised r480 cores?

ah candy - just spotted you run xp 64bit. this may affect the card drivers, though it shouldnt affect the bios settings.
      Last edited by Munkul; 03-08-2006, 08:59 AM.

Comment

No insult taken Munkul however I believe I am using the right bios. X800GTO16P.bin is the one I downloaded from this site and the one I flashed too. My card also is the blue PCB w/out powecord so I dunno whats goin on here. I am using the latest 64-bit drivers from ati.com and recently updated my bios to the latest revision aswell. Like I said I just put this system together and did a fresh install of everything bieng as I upgraded to 64-bit windows. Is their any way to check what bios I am using on the card so I can verify or not?

Anyone know of a different bios version or a different method I can try? I really don't understand why this is not working for me, everything seems to go good with the bios flash, however according to ATItool I am not unlocking those other 4 pipelines. Maybe there is something different in 64-bit...

Anyways any more help or comments are welcome, still trying to get this to work.

Comment

oh yeah, you did use the modded flashrom utility? it is different from the standard one.
          other than that, its strange because as far as i am aware, there has been 100% success with modding these cards.

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
            Sapphire started shipping these with different cores (R430, same one as in my X800XL) without telling anyone but its still possible to get the 16 pipes. You wont get as high an overclock though.
            freind had x800pro flashed to xt (16 pipes)ran great for 1 week then artifacted to death,pipes are failed from the factory for a reason,they failed,thats it.then sold for less money as leser cards.some ppl get luky but most are heading for trouble seen it to many times.if u have to unlock,mod,overclock etc...get a new card period
            Stacker830 Watercooled
            windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
            Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
            8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
            Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
            13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
            (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
            biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
            xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
            sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
            co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
            Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
            Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
            X