What are vertex pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are vertex pipes

hey well i got the new 6800gs a little bit ago for agp and i used riva tuner to unlock the pipes when i unlock the pixel pipes from 12 to 16 the screen will keep flashing when ever somin pops up and pictures are all messed up so i guess its a bad pipe well there are also the vertex pipes that i can unlock from 5 to 6 and thats fine

i want to know first of all what vertex pipes are and do they help in gameing much

Re: What are vertex pipes

is anyone going to help me

Comment

Re: What are vertex pipes

hi, maybe this will help you a little:

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/gefo...king/page3.asp

We also tested the most popular fallback configuration most users revert to if their card doesn’t run properly with all 16 pixel pipelines enabled; that is 12 pixel pipes with six (rather than five) vertex units. In this scenario, we barely noticed a performance difference, with the only application taking advantage of the extra vertex shader being 3DMark 05. Even there though, if you look at the game test results with the sixth vertex shader enabled, performance is practically indistinguishable over the 5 vertex unit GeForce 6800. We did see a tangible performance improvement in 3DMark 05’s complex vertex shader test though. In games, it was practically impossible to differentiate the performance between the GeForce 6800 with five vertex shaders versus the six shader card. Many gamers swear by this method though.

Comment

Working...
      X