Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions

What should i grab, x1800xt 512mb or 7800gtx 512 ?

Re: Opinions

The GTX is certainly the better card but it's quite pricy. IIRC, the best bang-for-buck out of the three top-of-the line cards (x1800XT/7800GTX/7800GTX512) is the 7800GTX. It's around the same as an X1800XT (arguably a little weaker), but it's cheaper by an amount significant enough (IMO) to turn you away from the X1800XT.

Comment

How much is the 512mb gtx in au dollar ?

Comment

Hadn't tought about that Aussie part, so I don't know if what I said about the X800 is true.

Comment

Hardware seems to get a premium price in Australia and I would not be surprised to see both of those cards over $999AU. Look for a 7800 256MB GTX or even a 7800GT. You will still get excellent performance and you won't need to mortgage the house to get it.

Here is a link:

Those cards you have listed START at $999 and quickly go up in price.
          Last edited by casecutter; 01-05-2006, 09:19 AM.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thx yawg, casecutter.

Comment

Check these online stores. I use them as pricing benchmarks. In fact, the first is my primary supplier. The second is recommended by http://www.dansdata.com . They mostly sell premium stuff and also include courier delivery in their prices. The third is one a friend often uses and I have used occasionally.

AusPCMarket Australia Online Store - Based in Sydney and with over 20 years experience, we offer fast delivery all across Australia

I hope this helps with parts and pricing on this side of the big pond.

Comment

I think cost wise the 7800GT would be a better card than all 3. That's if you can't wait, atleast. The 7900 is coming out soon and is supposed to be like 25% better than the 7800GTX 512 version, and the 8800 in july is supposed to be like 75% than the 7900?

Save the big money for the big cards in the future, but if you're willing to buy a good card now...invest $300 in a 7800GT and play all games on nearly max settings for a while. Graphics cards are coming out faster than games these days.

=____=

Comment

Working...
                X