X1800xl Mastercard????will There Be One??????/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X1800xl Mastercard????will There Be One??????/

will there be on or will i have to get rid of my card and buy the XT, or the 850 card ? , coz at the moment the xl performs poorly, and sometimes not at all, because im having real trouble making my GFX card work it freezes after about 10-15min into any game. ,nay ideas? or help?

CHEERS.

Re: X1800xl Mastercard????will There Be One??????/

Well if you're having trouble with one XL, why would you buy two of them? To answer your question, no, there are no X1800XL master cards avaliable. You will have to buy the X1800 Crossfire Edition or the X1600XT Crossfire Edition. Sorry. I'd wait a while before going crossfire. ATI is supposed to release some new cards sometime this year ('06) and my guess is they'll have more use of the architecture and more master cards. But my guess is as good as anyone's.

Comment

I think its a heat issue.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

I would also wait to go crossfire until they release the next crossfire chipset due out some time this year. The current RDX200 has alot of issues and alot of growing pains. Crossfire has not lived up to the hype yet. If the rumors are true, ATI is going to release the hiroshima bomb on the motherboard chipset world this year and take AMD64 overclocking to a whole new level. I too say wait and you will not be dissapointed. Put an ATI Silencer on the X1800XL and you will get rid of those heat issues. Good luck.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

How many watts is your ps ?

Comment

well i went from a akasa 460w to a hiper 580w psu, that didnt work so im gunna buy a S12 600 psu i hope good i works, i hope so

Comment

Have you got ati tool to check your temp? if the temp is high then it could be your fan is not getting enough power from your supply i could be wrong but. Anything over 550 should work fine.

Comment

Working...
              X