compatibility issues with moniter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatibility issues with moniter

just purchased a radeon 9550 card. install went fine but after reboot moniter said reduce resolution or frequency out of range. then screen goes blank. ive got a hp a706n with mx704 moniter. moniter maxes at 85hz.

Re: compatibility issues with moniter

For some reason your card is set incorrectly for your monitor. I've had this happen with older monitors before. Press F8 while booting your system and chose "VGA" mode. Once the system has booted up try setting proper resolution/refresh rate and restart.
    Edit: I notice that you mention that the monitor maxs out at 85hz. I haven't done a proper search of your monitor but from what I see it will allow a max resolution of 1280x1024 but I'm guessing that if you attempt to set it this high that you will prolly have to back down the refresh rate to 75 or less.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 12-29-2005, 01:44 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

so far F8 not working but this gives me a start. thanks.

Comment

how can i choose vga besides safe mode? f8 not working.

Comment

I may have been unclear. During boot (or reboot) press and release F8 several times. Somewhere between the bios screen and the windows loading screen you should see the options for safe mode etc. Do you have a keyboard with F-Lock on it? If so, you may have to press the F-Lock button alternatively with F8 during the boot process.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Comment

Another thought: ... do you have acess to another monitor? You could try booting up with it and resetting the specs.

Comment

reset vga all good with graphics card. THX.

Comment

Working...
              X