Probs with 6200 OC 256 MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probs with 6200 OC 256 MB

I just got the Nvidia GeForce 6200 OC 256 MB video card and it's been running ok. i can't run it on too high of graphics when i play COD2 and it just doesn't work when i play NFS Most Wanted. it can go through the game but the geometry is all messed up. the menu screens and in game are all wierd shapes and stuff. Everything is up to date, the drivers and patches for the game. I have a 1 gb of ram and a 2.6 processor. What is the problem?

Re: Probs with 6200 OC 256 MB

Play a couple hours of COD 2. Go to Display (the Control Panel applet) and click the Settings tab. Click Advanced and click on the GeForce 6200 tab. On the menu that pops up to the left, go to Temperature Settings. What value is in the box to the left of "GPU Core temperature:"?

BTW, COD 2 performance is poor because you have a low-end card. It should run fine at lower settings, as you said.

Comment

it was running at 44 Degrees Celsius.

Comment

Does anything like this happen in any other games? Do you play any other games?

Comment

really only cod 2 and need for speed. my friend has the same setup as me the only difference is that he has the 5900. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers and games, it's the same thing each time.

Comment

I'd suggest you google the problem and see if it's common for this game and/or this card. Usually, what you are describing is overheating. At 44c, that's out of the question.

Comment

ok. thanks

Comment

Or buy a new card =0

Comment

To me it sounds more like the cards memory could be overheating.

Comment

what would i do to fix that? or can i?

Comment

Well I'd say if the core is 44c it's unlikely the memory is overheating, but it's still a possibility. What kind of cooling does your case have? Do you have any intake or exhaust fans (not including the PSU)?
                      Last edited by Yawgm0th; 12-29-2005, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I have two intakes on the front two exhausts on the back and one exhaust on the side. I'm thinking of just reinstalling windows and seeing if maybe theres a conflict with my system.

Comment

Side exhaust is bad. Switch it to intake.

Comment

will that help fix the prob then?

Comment

Yes, but it's impossible to say by how much until you try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X