I Need Some Help Plz Read And Help Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Some Help Plz Read And Help Me

i just installed a new mother board ASUS p4p800se and evertime i go to play Battle field 2 special forces it just closes out. PLz fix this problem for me.

ATI X800XL
    WESTERN 200gb
    3.2 ghz HT OVERCLOCKED TO 3.6
    1 gb ram PATRIOT CLASH 2.3.2.5
    500 watt powersupply

Re: I Need Some Help Plz Read And Help Me

Originally posted by BURTON88
    i just installed a new mother board ASUS p4p800se and evertime i go to play Battle field 2 special forces it just closes out. PLz fix this problem for me.

ATI X800XL
    WESTERN 200gb
    3.2 ghz HT OVERCLOCKED TO 3.6
    1 gb ram PATRIOT CLASH 2.3.2.5
    500 watt powersupply
    My first suggestion would be to try the game with the CPU not overclocked and see what happens.

Comment

I have the following setup and I am getting the same issue. But I'm also having problems with the computer shutting down on it's own no matter what I'm doing.

Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe
      ATI X850xt
      (2) WD 10K
      Pentium D 3.0
      2GB Patriot DDR2 5600
      550 PSU

It's being checked out right now by a technition, I'll let you know what the outcome is. I have had it do this to me before and figured it out to be the monitor couldn't handle it, so it kicked out.

Comment

well i reinstalled bf2 but i am still having random crashes idk i had the same problem before it always starts doing this when i put gigaram in it. i think that ram fries my mohter board since its worth 30 dollars. so i bought patriot with my new mohter board never had crashes inserted the cheap ram right away it wouldnt load up and it crashed so i took the cheap ram out now its crashing plz fix it for me

Comment

i use to have a geforce 3 ti 500.... never had any problems.... & ever since i switched to ati... i had a 9700 pro & i have a x700 pro ... & i have the same problems time to time.. with my games/ apps just rebooting my pc of just crash to my desktop... i did a search on google & i have found that alot of ppl that have a ati have this problem... i think its the ati software or hardware, that is making this happen!!

Comment

about the ram... always put the same kind of ram in ... never put different name brand, it can cuz problems

Comment

I just went to the ATI website, and found a issue listed on there Knowledge base about BF2 crashing right after the logo. Mine only crashes as the game is loading a map, so I'm thinking RAM. But they fix is to download the Catalyst 5.9 or greater driver. My card is a Visiontek and they only have up to 5.8 the ATI site is up to 5.11 so I would give that one a shot.

Comment

Did you try running it at your stock cpu speed like sponge suggested.
                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Well the 5.11 driver from ATI doesn't seem to install correctly on my machine, I get an error from the CLI.exe, and can't run the control panel. It tries to run that file at boot up and so I have the error on screen at every boot up. I unstalled the 5.11 and I'm running the 5.8 I was about to get BF2 to run with all the settings on LOW but when turning it up to HIGH it couldn't handle it. I haven't tested it with the 5.8 after removing the 5.11, I'll let you know if it works.

Comment

WEll i found out i had to reinstall the game but then one day later i was booting up my computer and it said x800xl bad bios file so i put in the disc and as it uninstalled the bios and was reinstalling it my power restarted which restarted my computer which also erased my bios from my whole computer. so every time i boot up my comp the screen doesnt boot up and niegther the computer so iam returing it today its only 1 week old mother board. if i can fix this problem someone tell me plz

Comment

try to put the game to high res and not ultra, that might work, becuase when your video card is running to much power (you should have the minium power for your video card) the computer shuts down so it wont overload, gl

Comment

Working...
                      X