X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Card step up

Originally posted by AsianBatman
    what is your budget.

He told you this earlier. (oh i would say i wouldnt want to go much over $150)

Knucklesx40, if you do a little shopping around you might be able to get a 9800 pro for close to your price range, better yet you can get the 6600GT AGP style for slightly more or a refurbished 6800 for around your price range.

I only looked at Gigabyte cards since they tend to run cheaper than some so maybe a different brand would be less.

As I said before you might want to check your PSU to see what brand and model you have, then post it here. That way someone will let you know if it's its up to snuff for the card you plan to get. I'm guessing it'll be fine for the 9800 pro but depending on what you have for a PSU, I'm not too sure about the other two cards I suggested.
    Last edited by Spongebob; 11-26-2005, 07:08 AM.

Comment

PSU?

(can you tell im a rookie)

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklesx40
        PSU?

(can you tell im a rookie)
        PSU =Power supply unit. You need a good unit to run a high end video card otherwise you could. (A). Get computer crashs or software crashes (B). Get strange graphics problems (C). Undesired system restarts. (D). Possibly damage your new video card or other hardware. (E). Whatever else that I might not have thought of.

Trust me it will be a real pain when your playing a graphics demanding game or whatever else and all of a sudden it stops before you get a chance save. The PSU you have might be good enough but check it out before you purchase your card or you might just have an unexpected expence that you never even considered.
        Last edited by Spongebob; 11-26-2005, 11:33 AM.

Comment

so it says i have a 420 watt power supply is that good enough

Comment

What brand power supply is it?

Comment

Well all it says is 400WATTPS-420 Watt power supply on my info page, i have an alienware computer if that tells you anything

Comment

It will probably be good enough.

Comment

Working...
                X