GPU Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Temp

Hi, I recently bought a new comp, and its been running stably for the last week or so (still is), but one of my parts came with something called "nTune," and after opening it up, it said my GPU is running at around 50-60C... My system and CPU temps are around 30-35. I checked inside, all my fans are working properly, including the one on the card (blowing onto the card I think). Agian, I havnt had any problems with this machine, and have gotten no warning messages, I have no idea where this thing is reading the temps from, so is this something I need to worry about, or am I getting a bad reading.

Re: GPU Temp

what type of card is it

lol my cpu is running at 65c all the time

Comment

wow..... i got an eVGA 6800GT, anything else?

Comment

Mine's 51c, but I have pretty good airflow in my case. You probably don't need to worry about it.

Comment

I'd only worry if you are getting artifacts on screen or if your system crashes.

Comment

ok thx, i was a little worried about that, but so far i havnt had any problems with it, so i guess its probally the thermometer or its made to run hot, thx for ur help

Comment

that temp is about the normal operating temp for a 6800 with stock cooling, although the ambient air temp has a lot of bearing on this as does case airflow. We are currently experiencing air temps around 30 degrees celcius and my gpu is running at 55 degrees celcius, CPU is at 33 degrees.
              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
              X