Ati X800 Gto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati X800 Gto

Hello, Im thinking about buying a "Gecube Radeon X800GTO", i saw the review on tweaktown and found that it is quite cheap from some sites.
    However i want to know how it compares with the XLs and XTs of the x800 series, anybody know?
    Also, do you think the x800 gto will run quake 4 on a 8 man TDM with a constant 60fps? My only reason for upgrading is to be able to run Q4.

Re: Ati X800 Gto

If you're going to upgrade for Quake 4, and nVidia card is the only type of card even worth considering. Regardless of what card you're talking about, nVidia will have one for much less money that beats it in Quake 4.

If you want to know how benchmarks compare, just look at Doom 3 benchmarks as they will be very similar to the Quake 4 benchmarks, since the games are on the same graphics engine.

Comment

if you do buy a gecube gto then make sure you get the gto and not the gtu (which is just a gt) ... gecube has (sneakily?) been sending out gto's to reviewers and after that shipped their crippled gtu cards with a very similar name...links to their website:

x800 gto 12 pipelines GC-RX800GTO3-D3:
      http://www.gecube.com/products-detai...&prod_id=21783
      x800 gtu 8 pipelines GC-RX800GTU3-D3:
      http://www.gecube.com/products-detai...&prod_id=21893

it doesnt mean the gtu sucks...just be carefull what you buy...also see this pdf for speed specs.:
      http://www.eyo.com.au/files/RX800GTU.pdf

cheers.

Comment

personaly id perfer the sapphire version which is what im getting

Comment

yeah the sapphire rules...especially the gto2 version...by the way...asus has a gto out now too....its the eax800gto/2dtv ... too bad its not reviewed anywhere yet..curious about its overclockability (but im prolly going for the 6800gs anyway)

Comment

6800GS is way over price $450 comperd to the $300 for X800GTO it not worth that much more

Comment

Not in the U.S.... They're about the same price here. The 6800GS is maybe $10-$15 more expensive than an X800GTO.

Comment

we cant get X800GTO2s here :(

Comment

i'm in taiwan and could not get them here either....taiwan sucks for buying hardware, many brands arent available here :(

Comment

The XFX gs6800 is overclocked from factory and has great reviews..you can pick it up at Tigerdirect for $229...

Comment

Originally posted by dingetje
                      i'm in taiwan and could not get them here either....taiwan sucks for buying hardware, many brands arent available here :(
                      For all hardware, even motherboards? I mean, the vast majority of all motherboards are designed in Taiwan, and a huge portion of all motherboards are made there.

Comment

the prices here in taipei are decent (not great) compared to the prices of the us online shops. the availability of different brands however completely sucks here.

the (street)market for mobos and gfx is dominated by asus, gigabyte and msi. there are hardly any other brands (maybe else, leadtek, albatron and sparkle) i have not found brands like evga, bfg, xfx, sapphire and many others for gfx. for mobos i havent found dfi and abit (and other brands, like i said its only asus gigabyte and msi for mobos). for harddiscs i havent found samsung (except for laptops). lcd screen brands are prety much covered tho.

what sucks most is the high prices for medium to high end graphics cards and the fact that the shops dont seem to be able to get the other brands even if they wanted to, apparantly that stuff is just not distribited here.

when i moved to taiwan just over a year ago i thought i entered hardware shopping heaven with so many hardware shops in one place lol. boy was i wrong
                        oh well... back home (netherlands) they may have all the brands and types i want but at least here i wont have to pay the 19.5% tax
                        Last edited by dingetje; 11-24-2005, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I'm not really sure if this is the correct thread, but does anyone here know how I would go about getting a hacked bios to flash a a normal GTO, to 16 pipes? I'm assuming the bios on your site is specifically for the Sapphire special limited editon, so I couldn't use it.

Comment

as far as i know only the sapphire gto2 and the connect3d gto can be flashed to unlock the extra 4 pipes....never heard of any other gto where it works
                            (your card just overclocks great i think, no unlocking)

Comment

The Connect3d X800gto is selling for $150 on newegg, seems like a better deal than the gecube...

Comment

Working...
                              X