Overclockability of a Geforce 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclockability of a Geforce 3

What kind of speed can you get out of a GF3? Close to Ti500?

You can usually overlock a GF3 past Ti500 stock specs of 240/500. Some common overclocking range that I've heard of is like 240/520 with stock cooling.

Comment

Hmmm yeah i usually hear of people getting 230 + Core and 500 or so memory
      If your going to buy a GF3 STD you might wanna check to see if you can get a ti500 cause i saw a leadtek one for 737 bucks AUD :D

Comment

My GeForce3 card clocks in at 230/500 with no atifacting at all. It may be able to handle higher, but the current setting works fine for me. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

The best way to go about OCing my Geforce 3 would be to use Coolbits? Or is there something newer now?

Comment

Depends. Cool Bits doesn't work with all Nvidia Detonator drivers. However, you can use programs like Power Strip (which is great by the way) and NV Max, which will run on all drivers that I know of, and include a lof of other tweaking options.

But if you just want straight and easy overclocking, Cool Bits works very well.

Comment

I put her at 210/500 and got an extra 150 3dmarks or so

Comment

I overclocked my GF3 to 234/500, upgraded from windows ME (which scorptec put on when i brought it) to WinXP Pro and got and extra 2000 3D Marks

Comment

Working...
                X