• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which card to choose ?

I don't know which card will be better please help me choose:
    Both 128mb:
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/produ...w.php?gpid=119
    http://www.giga-byte.com/VGA/Product...-NX66T128D.htm
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 10-03-2005, 09:12 PM.

Re: Which card to choose ?

I tried fixing the Gigabyte link, but it still seems to take me to Microsoft.com.

Comment

The Gigabyte is GV-NX66T128D.

Comment

The X800GTO is a more powerful card, but it's also significantly more expensive. If you're willing to pay more for it, that's fine, but you might get more bang for your buck out of a 6600GT.

Also, I see no reason to restrict yourself to those particular manufacturers. Sapphire is my personal favorite, but there are, arguably, better brands than Gigabyte for nVidia cards.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I understand what you're saying. :-)

Comment

if i were you id go for atleast the 6800, that compairs with the x500 better than the 6600 if your willing to go for the x500. the 6800 and x500 are about the same price but in my opinion the 6800 is better. but if the choices are x500 and the 6600 then go with the x500

Comment

i would advise you to go for the nvidia graphics cardd mainly for 4 reasons fristley the graphics card is cheaper secondly it is a good make nvidia wich means you can trust it alot thirdly it is a unnoticibale diffrence from a 128 and a 256 and fourthly nvidia is a good card for overclocking

Comment

Depends on cash really. Not sure how much the X800 is but it sounds like alot more than the 6600 GT. If so maybe you should compare it vs the 6800 GT depending on your budget. Brand wise i like sappire for ATI, and BFG for Nvidia.

Comment

Well there are some good results on turning certain X800Gto's into XT's with a fairly straight-forward bios editing software. Though I havent heard anything on the Sapphire cards, I believe the GeGube ones were having the best success in doing so. I'll look for the link toomorrow morning. It might even be on the home page...

Comment

x800GTO Would be the best choice and if you willing to spend it, however If you have an SLI motherboard, you could pair 2 6600GTS, Or Try a 6800, stock, there are some mods to unlock the pipelines in it. The 6800 also supports Shader 3.0.

Comment

Google search for reviews on the graphics cards you are considering and compare price and performance. I'm guessing for the price you will pay for that X800 card there might be something else comparable in both price and performance that'll open up your options more. Like the faster 6800 Ultra for about the same price as that X800 model or better yet lay down the price of 1 video game more and upgrade to a Geforce 7800 GT, unless you don't have a PCI express port.
                      Last edited by Spongebob; 11-04-2005, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yettti
                        i would advise you to go for the nvidia graphics cardd mainly for 4 reasons fristley the graphics card is cheaper secondly it is a good make nvidia wich means you can trust it alot thirdly it is a unnoticibale diffrence from a 128 and a 256 and fourthly nvidia is a good card for overclocking
                        Get your facts straight before claiming something.

Comment

Those aren't facts, those are opinions ^_^, except for 128 and 256 which can be a fact in some cases.
                          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                          SC: Audigy 2 zs
                          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
                          X