x850 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x850 pro

I installed this vid card and seem to have noticed my pings have doubled you guys think maybe its my vid card???

Re: x850 pro

Shouldn't be as video has nothing to do with your network connection.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I bought a X850 Pro AGP on 9-06-05 from BEST Buy and I have spent only 1/2 the time gaming and the other 1/2 trying to keep this board from crashing. i am dumping it while I have the chance and getting a 6800 Ultra.

Comment

Sounds more like a configuration problem than anything else. Depending on the video card you used to have (conflicting drivers) and the OS can make a difference on how you should set up the board. If the board is indeed faulty, then you might look into an RMA. I've been using the X850XT for a while and the X800XT for a good while before that with no issues at all.
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks, my add/remove programs wouldn't show the old Nvidia drivers I had installed so I uninstalled the old FX 5900 board using Device Manager and uninstalled it from there. Do you thinks there my be a driver conflict?

Comment

It is very possible. Win9x operating systems were well known for having problems when changing video board manufacturers without removing the old drivers. WinXP isn't as prone to this problem but it isn't unheard of either.

And then of course you'll want to get the most up to date drivers from ATI and load them up once the old drivers are removed. I don't figure this is an issue but wanted to make sure to make mention of it for those who are new to the video card upgrade game.
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X