HELP ASAP - Flashing triangles in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ASAP - Flashing triangles in games

I recently bought the sims 2 game and have downloaded it onto my computer. when i went to play it there were bits missing out of the graphics. like flashing triangles, cracks in the graphics
    im not very computer literate so i got my neighbour to come over (whos really good at computers) and they upgraded my graphics card or something (its NVIDIA Geforce2 MX 100/200) and changed a few settings around but it didn't help. apparently i've got the all the system requirements so i don't understand why it doesnt work. plz help asap.

Re: HELP ASAP - Flashing triangles in games

Might be that you havent installed directx9.0c? Lower all settings since your video card cant handle all.

Comment

yeah we have directx 9 and i've changed the settings to the lowest possible but the triangles are still there.

Comment

you have to go to www.nvidia.com and download the lastest driver for the card

Comment

ive done that too, didn't help
          Last edited by midniteprincess16; 08-08-2005, 05:24 AM.

Comment

You need to get a newer more modern video card. The geforce mx100/200 is not going to be able to handle anything modern, even if it is listed a minimum. Go up to at least a geforce 4 or ati 7500/8500 series card. What are the rest of the specs for your PC (processor/ram/motherboard)? If you aren't very tech savy and your computer is older, you may even want to consider a full upgrade to a new computer.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

im on a bit of a budget at the moment so i cant get a new computer or a video card. so yer. im trying to find out if theres a cure without it costing me anything, or at least not much

Comment

The only problem is that the video card you are using was made for DX7 and the game you are playing is at least DX8.1 or higher. That video card just won't cut it no matter how hard you tweak it. If your budget is that tight, look on Ebay for a used ATI 7500, ATI 8500 (would be excellent for what you need) or a NVIDIA GeForce4 TI4200/4400/4600. Any of those cards are more than what you need and would be found for less than $50 delivered to your door. Stay away from teh GeForce3 cards too. They are also aweful. You could even get one cheaper if you look around. The Geforce2 series is just plain aweful. Please don't take offense, I am not trying to sound pompous. I just cannot stress how much better your gaming would be with a better video card.

Another free thing for you to try is to locate some older drivers for that video card. Ask your computer literate friend to help you find drivers that most likely came with the card, not the newest. Nvidia cards are very sensitive to which drivers they are running.
                GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                PC P&C 500W PSU
                2TB Seagate
                Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

In my opinion you can put your video card in other people's computer ,maybe the same questions could appear,so we could make sure that the video was broken,what you should do is put your video card to a computer maintenance man's.I have the same problems with my TNT2 M64,very old card.

Comment

stop being cheap and get a better card

Comment

thanx casecutter, that seriously did help. im gonna have to save up for a new card but yer. if it's worth it. thanx agen, i actually understand wats going on now

Comment

Working...
                      X