Heat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat problems

I have an ATI X850XT Platinum video card. This weekend I played Farcry for four hours and my card overheated. I have not overclocked it at all. Got warning message and it claimed to reduce the frequency and let me continue. Eventually it locked up all the way. My temp sensor showed a temp of 150 degrees F. I never heard the cards fan speed up. Does anyone know of a way to control the fan? CPU temp was 106 degrees F and room temp was between 75-80 F.

Re: Heat problems

Didn't you do the water cooling setup before? If so then you can just pick up a VGA waterblock and add it to the cooling circuit.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Same with my card.... 120C I am RMAing it as soon as I get back home and have the time....

Comment

yeah, I got watercooling going on. I just didn't want to break open the system to add another block. Also, I'm a bit nervouse about taking off the fan system on this video card. Seems like I should be able to speed up the fan and be ok. Inside case temps hover around 100F. I'm going to try ATI tool to control the fan. If that doesn't work I also have ATI tray tool and SpeedFan to try.

Comment

Working...
        X