No announcement yet.

6600 GT .... There's So many! Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600 GT .... There's So many! Which One?

Okay, so after reading through the forum I've decided to spend my hard-earned cash on an Nvidia 6600GT Video Card. The thing is, there's so many different brands!

What I'm intrerested in is the highest performing, most reliable, and overclockable 6600 GT video card.
    Don't care about included games and junk, only video card performance.

Looking at Newegg I've seen XFX, Leadtech, Chaintech, eVGA, as well as others.
    I've read and found reviews comparing some to others, but no reviews comparing all the 6600 GTs.

Which 6600 GT is the best?

Can anyone help me out with this?

Re: 6600 GT .... There's So many! Which One?

Make sure you're only looking at AGP (or PCI-E, though it looks like AGP from your signature).

Look at the pictures for each card. Most, if not all of them will come with a number of free games and programs. As long as the card has identical core and memory speeds to all the others, the package is probably what you should look at. Other than that, there's cooling. If you intend to overclock the card and don't want an aftermarket cooler, get the one with the best cooling. Don't know which one has the best off the top of my head, if any certain one does, but it's usually fairly easy to tell. If one of them has a different cooler than the rest, it may be better (though it may be worse).

Comment

In AGP, try the Gigabyte card.

Comment

This is the one I got,
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130220
        having some issues with guildwars though.

Comment

what do you think is better, a 9800PRO or a 6600GT?
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

A 6600GT. An overclocked 9800 Pro is better than a non-overclocked 6600GT, but that's kind of irrelevant since you can overclock 6600GTs.

But 9800 Pros are cheaper, especially used ones, which can make a big difference.

Comment

I already have a 9800pro, i am looking to upgrade soon so yea..budget around 260.
              CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
              Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
              RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
              GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
              PSU: Thermaltake 500w
              SC: Audigy 2 zs
              LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
              Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
              Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Go 6800GT. The AGP ones are just a tad (like $10-$20) above that price.

Comment

If you do stick with the 6600GT AGP, go with BFG 6600GT OC. Clock speeds are a bit faster "stock". I just got the eVGA 6600GT card today and will be installing when I get home. I'll let you know on what clock speeds it can achieve with my setup.

Comment

Got a PCI-E 6600GT myself. Went with the BFG card. It comes o/ced with a lifetime warranty. If it ever breaks ya just send it to them and they mail ya a new one. Reviews have said they are pretty good about that too. The cooling on the card is pretty damn good as well for stock cooling. Has a copper heatsink/fan combo on the core that has a blue led light in the center. The ram also has copper heatsinks on them. I have been very pleased with it so far. I expected it to perform the same as my old AGP 9800 pro that i had o/ced but this thing far surpasses it imo when it comes to gaming. Whether its the DDR3 or just the fact that nvidia handles open gl games better i am not sure. Eitherway can't go wrong with the BFG card imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X