Best 6800 GT Brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 6800 GT Brand?

In your opinion, what 6800 GT brand is the best overall. Take into account software bundle, price, heatsink, noise ,overclocking, reliability....ect.
    Thx in advance. Also if you know of any brands to stay away from ,please tell me.
    Last edited by lammy; 06-24-2005, 10:12 PM.

Re: Best 6800 GT Brand?

i would go for one of the 3,

Leadtek a400 GT TDH(6800 gt)
    XFX 6800 gt or
    Evga 6800gt.

Comment

I recomend you dont get a one with a custom cooler if possable, try to get a refrence cooler. Though there is a problem with my card physicaly it gets to 120C and crashes the computer. BFG is replacing it though they were a big help. So there are pros to that I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
        I recomend you dont get a one with a custom cooler if possable, try to get a refrence cooler. Though there is a problem with my card physicaly it gets to 120C and crashes the computer. BFG is replacing it though they were a big help. So there are pros to that I guess...
        How is that BFG 6800 GT, I could get one for $285.00 USD . Is it good? How does it overclock?
        Last edited by lammy; 06-24-2005, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Its wonderfull, they seem to be having problems with heat though with the rev. 2 cooler more so than the refrence one. I am sending it back within the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by lammy
            How is that BFG 6800 GT, I could get one for $285.00 USD . Is it good? How does it overclock?
            For $285? Is it used or something? It usually goes for $370-$400...

In any case, I would recommend you do get a custom cooler if you intend to overclock. The Leadtek is good for that (and I think Gigabyte's is, too), or you could get something else and upgrade it with a Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5. The custom coolers are usually better (at least they are with what I've mentioned).

Comment

Well on newegg, the price is pretty damn low and a good price.

Comment

Yeah I saw that, how good is XFX??

Comment

Funny, I just looked in Newegg last night and they were all where they were supposed to be... And now they're mostly under $300. Damn, for that price, it's hard to say no. Except for the Asus, which has a lowered memory speed and less RAM.

Unless there's something I'm missing, like they've disabled pipes or something tricky like that, I'd say go for that XFX, immediately. Used 6800GTs usually go for more than that.

Comment

I wish i would have seen the 274 earlier b4 i bought my 6800, oh well.not like the 6800gt's will last that long anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X