Different 6800 GT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different 6800 GT's

I noticed that there are big price differences at Newegg for 6800 Gt's. Why are they so different in price? Which is the best brand to buy?

Re: Different 6800 GT's

Different packages, different cooling, and occasionally (only with Asus AFAIK), different specs. If you don't want to buy a third party HSF for it, get the one with the best HSF. IIRC, it's Leadtek.

There are also game/software packages with each. The cheapest card might not have any, while a card that costs $20 more might have a game that costs $40-$50 in a store, or it might have three or four games. Check the pictures of each card and it will show you the package. IIRC, the biggest (e.g. arguably "best") package is Leadtek.

Those are the two things I'd look for the most when choosing a video card, especially 6800GTs. Those tend to be next to identical, except for cooling and package.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. What have you heard about the Gigabyte 6800 GT and what card do you think is the overall best? Also, what is HSF and IIRC.

Comment

I haven't heard anything specifically about the Gigabyte card, but Gigabyte is known for good products so I doubt you'll be dissapointed. I haven't looked in a while, but I remember thinking at one point in time that the eVGA and Leadtek were the best, depending on whether you want a good HSF or better package.

HSF=Heatsink/fan; IIRC=if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X