X850 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X850 setup

Ok first things first, I'm very new to this... I mean 2 weeks new to this. I got my new PC 2weeks ago and now im trying to tweak it but i need some help from you experts out there.

My PC is :

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard
    AMD 64 4000+
    2Gb kingston value ram
    Raid SATA 160Gb HD
    Sapphire 256Mb X850 XT

I thought this was a decent setup (please feel free tell me if I went wrong somewhere)

My benchmark on 3dmark 05 is 5808 with no overclocking, and heres the big question coming from a complete newbie, how do I overclock my graphics card and will I get anywhere near 8000 with my setup?

EDIT *25 views and no help, I guess this site aint for newbies then* tut
    Last edited by sewegav; 05-27-2005, 11:38 AM.

Re: X850 setup

Go into the Catalyst Control Center, under graphic settings there is a section called "OverDrive". You can choose either automatic overclock or set your own settings. all risk is on you however.

Comment

Part of you system that hit me was the Value RAM, personaly I would have bought a slightly slower CPU and gone with some nice 1GB of PC 3200 (2x512) it proforms better than 2x 1GB stick and 4x512 sticks. In most aplications(because of RAM timings and command rates). I think you could hit around 6500-7000 on air if you have VERY good airflow and you have good luck OCing that processor and RAM. You could hit 8000 easy if you got yourself a water cooling kit. If you dont want to play with water then get it professanly installed.

Terry is right no the dot with that, there are ather programs that you can OC that with too, but that will work just dandy.

Comment

I firmly agree with AMD lover 2004, that ram is AWEFUL for the AMD64. It is holding you back the most. And just so you know, I get around 6K stock speeds on 3D MARK05, so your score isn't to far off, considering I have much faster ram. Sell that valueram on Ebay and get some nice TCCD or OCZ VX/Mushkin Redline
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
        X