ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 help

I was wondering if there is a way I can tweak my mobile ati card. It's 64 megs dedicated and runs battlefield vietnam pretty smoothly on low settings at 2x anti-aliasing and 2x anisotropic filtering. I want to keep those settings but have it run more aggressively. I've run the ati tool and overclocked it slightly and it doesn't seem to have any problems yet but is there anything else I can do such as dedicated system memory? I've checked the bios and it won't let me do that. Any other way? Any help is thanks.

eat@joes

Re: ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 help

I haven't heard of being able to share memory resources with the Mobility line, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm not real sure about this so I'll let somebody with a bit more knowledge help you out with it.

I will say, however, that while overclocking is great, you'll want to make sure you show extra care when using these features in a laptop environment. Heat buildup can kill you in a second in this type scenario, so just be careful and monitor temperatures as best you can.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah, I'm using RadLinker to moderate what my video card overclocks for. I keep it underclocked during normal processes, and overclock slightly for games and apps and the works. Hopefully someone can figure out how to share system memory...if possible.

Comment

My BIOS won't let me adjust anything for the video settings or the cpu and ram. Is there a way I can change that by flashing it with a newer one or some other way? Also if anyone finds software that lets me allocate ram to my video card let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X