Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help required please

hi all,

i have recently been having a problem with my 9800xt. when i start up the computer its temperature is 80 degrees celcius and when playing games reaches 105 degrees then shuts my computer down. my mother board temperature is 25 and my cpu temp is 28 when playing games. is my graphics card completly fukd? any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: urgent help required please

Have you checked for dust bunnies and is the fan still operating on your video card?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

yeh the fan is still operating and i have just cleaned the dust out of the video card. Also i changed the slot that my sound card was in and reinstalled all the drivers and now the sound card wont work. Any help on that one? and i cant even use the on board sound for some reason?

Comment

no sorry the fan does not spin until the card reaches a temperature in the low 80's. when i turn on the computer the fan seems as if it is jammed or something but once the card heats up it starts spinning

Comment

I've not heard of a high-end board having a thermally controlled fan that doesn't spin at all at any temperature. You might get on the website to the manufacturer and see if this is correct for your video board. If not, replace the fan and see if it helps out your problem. Fans are pretty cheap so it would be an inexpensive troubleshooting step.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

I had a 9800xt before I upgraded and the fan is suppossed to spin all the time. Change the fan. For your sound, uninstall the drivers, shut down, remove the card and boot the computer. This allows windows to reallocate resources. Then after windows is finished loading itself shut back down and reinsert your card in which ever slot you want it in. Reboot and windos should ask for drivers. You can either go with the windows drivers or if you still have your installation cd, cancell the windows hardware wizard and run the cd setup. That should do it.

Comment

yeh thanks all. i have just ordered an artic cool 3 fan from pccasegear.com for 9800xt. thanks terry for the tip on the sound ive got my 5.1 surround bak. yah. keep u posted on this situation and if it solves it

Comment

hey thanks to everyone that helped me i just installed the fan today and now the temperature is at a constant 40 degrees and goes up to 60 when playing games

Comment

That sounds more like it. Glad you got your machine set right.

Comment

Working...
                  X