No announcement yet.

Monitor Questions....right thread??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh Rate, and Frames per second are slightly different.

TV's have 30 Frames per second, and so no matter how you record the video, there will not be more than 30 frames of picture per second of video. It still looks to not flicker because it fades into the next picture, and since your eyes can only interpret 30 frames per second, you see it as moving smoothly.

Noticing 'flicker' is MUCH different than noticing a slow Frame rate. These are kind of different things.

Comment

Lots of good info here all generally pointing the same direction.

I think Darthtanion pretty much nailed it - go with what you are comfortable with. Provided your monitor supports it.

Here in the USA line voltage is 60 cycles therefor a flourescent bulb is flickering 60 times per second. For most folks that is quite unnoticable while others find it annoying. I personally can barely percieve it, but it is enough flicker that I wouldn't want to have similar effects displayed on my monitor.

I feel that for most folks a refresh rate in the 70 to 85 range should be perfectly acceptable (again, provided your monitor supports it).

The vast majority of people who run at a refresh rate of 100+ are just doing so for bragging rights.
      There is nothing wrong with that, it just has little practical use.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
      X