AIW 9800 pro speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIW 9800 pro speeds?

I have an AIW 9800 pro (R350). I just put the Kingwin VGA cooler on my card (with a little tweaking) and ATI Tool to try and overclock it. I was only able to get up to 400 on the GPU (with out artifacts and only increasing the voltage I think .05). Has anyone had sucess in getting it higher or is this the average speed with the 350 core or is that about what I get?

Re: AIW 9800 pro speeds?

My 9800 Pro gets around 390 stable (but goes higher) with the stock cooler ATM. I had my Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer on it before (had to RMA it after it died) and it probably went a bit higher, so I'll post the new high when I get it back on. It's possible that the core just doesn't go much higher, heat or not.

Also, what kind of thermal compound did you use between the cooler and the card? If it's not Arctic Silver 5, you could be doing better.

Comment

Yes I did use Arctic Silver 5.

Comment

I have my AIW pro at a stable 430/360 with water cooling for the GPU, but nothing on the RAM. I have gotten it up to 435 but when I play for a few hours and temps get around 40C, I see some artifacts. I did not increase the voltage....just curious..is there a program that does this??

Comment

Working...
        X