Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200

I bought a computer with this video card in it. What I am wanting to do is find a software that will allow me to have multiple monitors.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Re: Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200

Multiple monitor support for most regular applications is included in the drivers for your video card. The FX5200 cards that I am familiar with accept an additional monitor or a T.V. (with an s-video cord). If you have the drivers installed for your card and two monitors attached simply right click on the desktop, left click on "properties", go to the "settings" tab and enable the extra monitor.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I understand what you replied, but that doesn't work, or shall I say not completely.

I have another computer that I have a Radeon in and it is suppported by ATI, so it is easy to click and get dual monitor to my tv with sound cord and S-video cord.

My problem with the Nvidia is (which I have connected the same wires) that when I extend my view, I get a black/white pic rolling on my tv screen.

Any other suggestions please??

Thank you for your response.

Comment

Just a guess but have you checked the resolution and refresh rates that your driver has set up for your t.v. ? Try to set them at 800x600 and 60 hz and see if it helps.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

My problem has been resolved. I want to thank everyone for their replies and hopefully if someone else ever has this problem, they can learn from this post.

XP is great, it will detect your hardware and automatically install your drivers. That's nice if that is all you want installed.

If you want all the benefits, you have to use the disc and install it in full. Once I was able to get the disc, I completely installed it and there was my multiple monitor.

This is different from my other computer that just put an exact duplicate of what is on my desktop. This one shows only my background, but if you move your cursor to the right of the screen, it will appear on the tv screen. Then if you move the program to the right and activate it, everything is fine. I can have one thing running on the tv and do something else on the computer. Weird, but fun.

Thank you all again for your replies.

Comment

Working...
          X