GeForce FX 5700 VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce FX 5700 VE

hi i just bought a Geforce FX 5700 VE 256 mb vid card and i was wondering if someone could help me out with something. i just installed it earlier and i plaued Warcraft 3 with it and it kept lagging when i moved my characters around, does anyone know what can be causing this problem? im not really sure what it is but if someone could help me out that would be great

Re: GeForce FX 5700 VE

Its a low-end video card, so i suggest you turn down the in-game settings, and also you should take a look at www.tweakguides.com

Comment

Originally posted by Death~Reaper
      hi i just bought a Geforce FX 5700 VE 256 mb vid card and i was wondering if someone could help me out with something. i just installed it earlier and i plaued Warcraft 3 with it and it kept lagging when i moved my characters around, does anyone know what can be causing this problem? im not really sure what it is but if someone could help me out that would be great
      The videocard you have should work fine for that game but are your other system specs up to snuff? Like your CPU and system Ram for instance.

You could also try turning down your graphics settings within the game.
      Update all your drivers (Video, sound, chipset, ect.. even the bios) ,update direct x if you have an old version, also update the game itself.

Comment

For starters, post you system specs. Were you able to play the game fine before you had the card? What resolution and level of detail are you currently running the game.

Also, have you installed the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com?

Comment

and before i installed the vid card i was able to play it but it hella lagged more than this.... so its a lil better id say.. i was running it with 1024 by 768 resolution tried it a lil bit ago lowering in game settings and it worked a lil but still kinda lags and my comp is crappy... dont really have money to upgrade it atm but hopefully i will soon....... my comp is...

Compaq Pentium III
          256 ddr memory
          20 gig hd..(yea i know its crappy)
          and the geforce fx card

and i installd latest drivers and everything and yea my comp is up to the req's for the game and the vid card so idk =/
          Last edited by Death~Reaper; 03-01-2005, 08:08 PM.

Comment

The RAM and CPU are the cause of your lag. You'd be best replacing the motherboard, processor, and RAM entirely, though you could simply add a stick of RAM for a decent boost now.

Comment

Compaq Pentium III
              256 ddr memory

A P3 is not going to push a game like Warcraft 3 far. I'd be surprised if you could even run the defualt settings very well, even if yours was a higher end P3 CPU. Your Compaq mainboard will also have a LOT of bottlenecks, like 4x AGP or probably even less, a crapola chipset, and I can't even begin to imagine what else they nutered on a P3 board. I agree with Yawgm0th, if you want to play higher end video games you will basically need a new system.

Comment

The AGP won't be a problem. If it can even use that card, it's not an issue. AGP 8x is virutally identical to 4x, but using a P3 and 256MB of SDRAM is really going to hurt. I'd hate to be playing Warcraft III on that...

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                  The AGP won't be a problem. If it can even use that card, it's not an issue. AGP 8x is virutally identical to 4x, but using a P3 and 256MB of SDRAM is really going to hurt. I'd hate to be playing Warcraft III on that...
                  Keep in mind that they made less than 4X AGP slots, Compaq is known for using the cheap, barebone boards and its possible it doesn't even have an AGP port. 256 mb system ram is slim nowdays but would be enough for Warcraft 3 at defualt settings. That amount of system ram that he has is a minor issue for that game compared to his CPU and mainboard.

After looking at a video card, probably similar to his. I'm pretty sure his Compaq P3 mainboard has got to be a bottleneck for it.
                  http://www.pny.com/products/verto/mainstream/5700ve.asp
                  Last edited by Spongebob; 03-02-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

If he has a PCI version, then the card itself is a bottleneck. If he has AGP, then it's a 4x slot and the board is fine. The P3 is the problem, either way. W3 doesn't need much in the way of graphics, and a PCI video card or even an AGP 2x card should handle it, but a P3 with 256MB of RAM won't.

Comment

i have the agp card so i guess its the p3 and the 256 ram i guess ill just upgrade those when i get money , ty for the info really helpful :D

Comment

i have the agp card so i guess its the p3 and the 256 ram i guess ill just upgrade those when i get money , ty for the info really helpful :D

Upgrading that systems CPU to something that will run W3 well will not only mean getting a new CPU but you will also most likely need to get a newer style system Ram, a new mainboard, a new case, and a new PSU (Power Suppy unit). Unless you get another Compaq $$ board the connections on your case probably won't fit the new board and its possible a better board from Compaq may not work either and would probably cost a fortune from HP\Compaq anyway. About the only things you can salvage to build a new system are your monitor, the drives minus the diskette drive (no front panel), Keyboard & mouse, and your video card. Basically a new system is what you need to buy or build if you plan to play games such as W3 and above. That video card you have won't perform well for graphic intence games either, many of the newer 1st and 3rd person shooters require some pretty powerful dispaly cards, but as I said before it will be fine for W3 after you upgrade your system. I'm guessing your also feeling a little scruntched for storage space with a 40GB harddrive.
                        Last edited by Spongebob; 03-04-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I'd say the video card is fine for what you want, but you will need a new motherboard, case, PSU, RAM, CPU, and you'll probably want a new hard drive.

Comment

hey man i suggest u get a amd board like this one http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...200&pfp=SEARCH and get 512mb ram like pc3200 or wutever but dont get 256 ram because itll barley help u

Comment

o and u will need to get a 300w power supply to play that hopeful u got that if not u can get one kinda cheap bout 50 or so then u got to buy a fan for that board its kinda gay they dont put one in it that bout 20

Comment

Working...
                              X