GF2Pro Installtion Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF2Pro Installtion Problem

My GF2 got evicted from my my system by my GF3. I did a fresh install of Win98SE (from format), but when I try to install my Leadtek GF2Pro in my system with a slot-A athlon. I can't install install the drivers. It says "This is NOT a Leadtek Product or Wrong GPU, You can Restart you Computer and Try it again. Setup Abort!!" Which I didn't think was a very nice thing to say, since it certainly is a Leadtek GPU and it worked just fine in my other system. Has anyone else come across this problem? I could use some help. :cry:

JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

OK, i'm slightly confused.. . Your gf2 got evicted by your gf3... so why are you trying to set up the gf2 still? or is this in another machine...? Anyways, if it's just the drivers that aren't working properly, just use the Det drivers from nVidia. Also, what kind of chipset is the MB? if it's VIA, make sure you've got the latest 4-in-1 drivers...

Comment

Sorry beefy, didn't mean to confuse you. :laugh:
      I put the GF3 in my system with the 1.4G Athlon and I moved the GF2 to my system with a slot-A athlon. That replaced my old VooDoo card. When I got tired of fussing around with it, I did end up just downloading the 28.32 drivers from Nvidia. That is working fine. Just for completeness I am using an AMD chipset in the slot-A: 751 NB and 761 SB.

thx
      JM
      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
      X