upgrade from R9800pro to X700 PCI-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: upgrade from R9800pro to X700 PCI-E

that's just wat i needed to hear. My performance is great actually, I just hate the fact that I can't change my voltage settings. I really want to see how much more all my stuff can go. So I figured get a new mobo. Then I thought, why get a new mobo that's not a PCI-E and then I just started to want more. I have the best comp I know around here, cept one of my friend who has an 9800XT. THX for all ur help. I'll just not buy anything until I cant play a game on medium settings.

Comment

You can make a -Pro an -XT you know.......just in case you really want the best comp around.

Comment

no.. i cant... I got the gay R350 core....

Comment

With some aftermarket cooling and some overclocking it'll be just as good.

Comment

Not always... In fact, you usally can't flash. Some 9800 Pros flash to XT, and some X800 Pros can have the four pipelines enabled and be flashed to X800XT (though they lack a Rage Theater chip and are never technically XT).

Comment

whay yaw said.. no... the R350 core is missing some shader thing I forgot and if u flash... the screen will show heavy weird grey stuff cuz the bios is tellin to do something it can't cuz bios think it's a R360. And it's not the same as an XT cuz you could always OC the XT. and the real XT is > (greater than) than a normal Xt where when a Pro = a normal Xt, it is not really an XT cuz a regular XT is > a regular XT. Make sense? or will I have to not use symbols anymore?

EDIT: Wow page 3 from talking bout nothing.....lol

Comment

Working...
              X