GF3 v Radeon 8500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF3 v Radeon 8500

Anyone seen a comparison between the two with the new(er) Radeon 8500 drivers?
    I seen a comparison between the GF3 Ti 500 and the Radeon 8500 over at Anand but i am interested about the comparison with the normal GF3 as well...

Haven't seen any like that. But considering that nVidia is trying to downplay the normal GF3 chipsets (to sell more of the Titanium models), it's not really too surprising.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

yeah i saw that review and i was so impressed about the RADEON 8500 that i bought one. i like how the 16 tab filtering is the same as the 64tab filtering (which can only be turned on by a hack in the drivers) on the GF3 TI500 with less of a performance drop. althought the smoothvishion could use a better performance hike it looks a lot better that the GF3 anti-lassing.

Comment

The normal GF3 is on average ten percent slower than the GF3 Ti500 in most benchmarks I've seen.

Comment

ok ta

Comment

So, I gather that "The_Soup" would recommend the 8500 then? I am considering one at the moment the go with my AthlonXP under WinXP in a Gigabyte mobo. Should really rock

Comment

I am trying to decide wether to get an 8500 or a "Gainward GF3 PowerPack !!!" at the moment...
              SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
              Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

I'm happy with my Radeon8500 - although I had some stability problems under WinXP & had to go back to Win98se. New drivers are supposed to be better but I haven't tried them yet....

If it's within your means - get the retail as oppose to the OEM/3rd party - it's clocked at 275/550 & mine does 310/620 with a little extra cooling. OEM's & 3rd parties are clocked @ 250/500

Comment

The radeon is great!! it is good in quake and the anti-lasing looks great! although the 6X only turns out 20 fps. i havent had any stability proublems yet. I highly recomend this card.

Comment

Raedon looks extrememly promising. ;)
                    Onyx

TweakTown
                    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

I think I will also buy a Radeon!! What about the price is it cheaper?

Comment

I got my Radeon8500 retail (275/550 clk) for $345 cdn - that's about $225US

the OEM/3rd party versions are cheaper - but are usually clocked at 250/500

Comment

So the Radeon is cheaper? But can it compare against a geforce 3?

Comment

the GF3Ti500 beats it by a reasonable margin in most gaming benchmarks - a noteable exception is 3DMark2001 (check the AV 9429:thumb: ) a DX8 benchmark

this could mean that the Radeon 8500 may be faster when real DX8 games start to surface - or it might mean that the Radeon 8500 will always bench great and play games so-so - interpret it as you will

If you want the absolute fastest card to play todays games - nothing beats a Ti500
                            the Radeon8500 wil give you performance on the same games somewhere between a Ti200 & a Ti500, the price falls between the 2 as well.

I'm not even going to bring up the IQ debate

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
                              I'm not even going to bring up the IQ debate
                              Probably a good call. ;)
                              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                              My Toys

Comment

Working...
                              X