No announcement yet.

GF3 v Radeon 8500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a real skeptic of ATI in the past but the 8500 is a killer card. It's on the same level as the Ti500 with more STANDARD features.

Comment

I think I go for the radeon! Because It's a lot cheaper!

Comment

The Herc Ti 200 is looking the guts for me dude

Overclock it man !!

Comment

But that can be held back with the RAM. We all know the GPU has little to do with increasing speed if you're capped by your RAM.

Comment

The Radeon runs much higher stock core and mem speeds. That in itself while it could be just a marketting thing, it could also indicate ATI has higher QC on their manufacturing/fabrication process, thus yeilding chips that are able to handle higher frequencies. nVidia's chips don't even O/C to beyond 260-270 in their flagship range.

DVD/motion video playback is far superior on the Radeon - so I'm lead to believe, reading the reviews and comparisons around the net. TV out functions are also better than nVidia's offerings.

Anti-aliasing technology, pixel/vertex shader and the like are pretty similar from the two cards. But one issue is price. At least in the US, Radeons are slightly cheaper than GF3 Ti500's.
            Onyx

TweakTown
            OCAU - Overclockers Australia
            CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Hell, online you can get an oem radeon 8500 for under 200 shipped in the US.

Comment

200 dollar??? WOW!!!

Comment

nod.. the 8500 is really looking up.. esp with the AIW 8500DV.. and if they got QC working for them thoose chips should oc'
                  without hitchs. Only concern for me is.. the drivers.. ATi has
                  lead in hardware and software before and these cards put
                  them back in the market, but in the past drivers have been
                  a one time thing... so which do you choose..??
                  -i think ima get myself a 8500dv this week :p

Comment

Working...
                  X