No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any trouble with the 6800gt card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any trouble with the 6800gt card??

I might have pin-pointed some of my aggro..... Has anyone had any trouble with the drivers to there 6800gt after install? It seems that XP O/S doesnt offically recognize my drivers as "compatible", I'm having trouble keeping a stable system. I cant even load World of War craft due to a
    "Unmountable_boot_volume".

I know i have been bugging you guys a lot for answers, but all ive wanted to do since Thurs. night is put the system together and play a little WoW and EQII.

By the way i can load EQII, but when i down load the updates, in the last 5 min. of the 1.5 hr. download, my stem reboots all by its self and i get this: error--- Stop: 0xooooooED (Ox8636D030, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) what ever that means.
    Any ideas??
    Asus A8V Deluxe AMD 3400
    200GB West. Dig. EIDE
    Leadtek 6800GT
    PNY pc3200 512 x 2
    LG DVD/CD/DL

Re: Has anyone had any trouble with the 6800gt card??

"Unmountable_boot_volume" makes it sound like it's something related to your hard drive. Don't worry about the "not tested for compatability with Windows XP" message, because it doesn't mean anything. If you're using the latest drivers from nVidia, it shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure the hard drive cables are all good and properly connected. I've seen machines that had these types of problem simply because of bad IDE cable, oddly enough. You should also run chkdsk on all of your partitions.

BTW, are you using Service Pack 2? Occasionally, it causes all sorts of wierd problems...

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.
      I am now in the process of reformating my older seagate 80GB HDD. I will try that first. If i'm still having problems I will put in my older cd-rom drive and test that part of the system......are you recomending that i dont down load SP2 until i have my system rock solid first?

Comment

Originally posted by Raisinghersolo
        are you recomending that i dont down load SP2 until i have my system rock solid first?
        Yes. Install all the necessary drivers and ensure that you have good stability. Then, go get all the critical and hardware updates (SP2 included) off of Windows Update.

Comment

Working...
        X