512Mbit GDDR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 512Mbit GDDR3

I have heard that Samsung has started shipping the first test models of this... Darth?... or any other testers? Any word on when you may be able to do somthing with this, not to be pushy or anything.

Has anyone else heard anything about this, also do you think this "upgrade" will have a big impact on proformance?

Re: 512Mbit GDDR3

Are you talking 512MB... as in a video board having 512MB of onboard memory?

We generally receive our review samples just a short while before a given manufacturer is ready to get their product line out the door, so it is hard to say when we will see 512MB boards in for testing.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ok thanks, just wondering... do you think the extra memory will have a huge effect on proformance though... being doubled one would think so. Probably almost twice the price too...

Comment

512mb won't have a huge affect on performance. The extra memory will help in games with alot of textures like Doom 3 but probally not by much.

Comment

I'd expect it to have a noticable performance increase in Doom 3 framerates and load times with Ultra Quality. I doubt it will do anything in any other engine. Even 256MB does little in most engines these days.

Comment

Working...
          X