6600gt agp or 6800le?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6600gt agp or 6800le?

I was thinking lately about my choice for a new graphics card. I was dead set on a 6600 gt, but now i stumbled onto a 6800 le. Must say, im intrested!

This card, stock, runs a little better then a 6600gt for about the same price (well 20$ more); but what intrigued me most of all, is the soft moding capabilities of this card!.

So now im in a fix, and leaning towards the 6800le. Would anyone know a good manufacturer for a 6800le, that has the greatest softmode capabilities? And some general background ont his card would be great.

Re: 6600gt agp or 6800le?

Just remember that soft modding doesn't always work.

Comment

Comment

hmm.. Now that i looked at the size of a 6800 in person, it won't fit into my computer. >_<"

Back to 6600gt, found this one on ebay: clickie

Its Leadtek OEM, I had a bad experience with leadtek before, what do you guys think of this one?

Comment

You do realize that the one you linked is PCI-E.

Comment

nope, i asked the guy cause i was confused and he said its AGP. =D

Comment

The majority of Leadtek users seem to be happy with their products, or at least with the latest nVidia cards.

In any case, I don't know the price of cards for you, but the LE isn't really a very good choice for U.S. buyers. It's more expensive than 6600GT (PCI-E or AGP) and isn't really better (in fact the GT can beat the regular 6800 in a few situations). It just depends on where a 256-bit memory interface is better than much higher clock speeds, which is generally just when using anti aliasing. On top of that, it's so expensive in the U.S. that you might as well get a 6800 for $20-$40 U.S. more, but I don't know about AU.

Comment

I see, I decided on just buying this one from ebay.

under 300 total CDN for everything, now I just take the 9600xt back to futureshop.

Can't wait to get my new card!

Comment

Working...
                X