Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radeon 9600

Originally posted by jsilvsta
    well i installed the new catlyst drivers and it still is not running that great, i mean i can play farcry in medium perfectly but not a game thats like 4 years old... i try playing farcry in high quality however its not that smooth is that because of my processor or not enough ram or both?
    FarCry is about where it should be. That card will get you playability in a game like FarCry, not nice performance.

As for your older games, what specifically has problems, on top of CS? Also, what version of CS are you trying to play and are you playing online? If so over what kind of connection are you playing?

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
      Farcry is mostly dependent on the video card, but obviously you cant expect optimal performance with a Duron 1.2ghz....
      Still, ultra high is very good for a 9800pro... I play on high with shadows on medium at 1024 x 768 with 4x aa and af. Anything higher than that is a slide show. Unless hes running with no aa/af then that might explain it...

Comment

I have the AMD Athlon XP 2700 (normal 2.17 ghz overclocked to 2.3 ghz)

and i have my 9800 overclocked!

Comment

well that explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglee
            well that explains it.
            indeed... u could do it with a 2600 too tho!

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmep
              indeed... u could do it with a 2600 too tho!
              My cooling is total **** and I cant change the multiplier, so I cant overclock it. I can run ultra high with aa and af though, but i like it

Comment

Working...
              X