Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp monitoring on 9800 Pro????

hey guys!

I'm running a MSI 9800 Pro (R360) and am curious as to theres a way of monitoring the GPU's temp with using a external probe? thanks!

Re: temp monitoring on 9800 Pro????

If it has an R360 core, it should have a temp sensor right on it. You may need to flash to XT to enable it, however.

Comment

mate, I was planning on flashing my card to an XT but from what I've read my card already uses the XT bios and it is also listed as an XT in my dislay properties!.

Comment

If that's true, then you should be able to look at the temps. Try getting the latest version of ATI Tool. It will let you overclock and show you temps at the same time.

Comment

just d/led ATItool 0.0.22 but I carnt see temps there anywheres! :(

Comment

Don't know what to tell you. Are you positive it already has the XT BIOS? Is it clocked at XT speeds?

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
              Don't know what to tell you. Are you positive it already has the XT BIOS? Is it clocked at XT speeds?

yeah mate but it's no major drama as I'm sticking in a 6800 GT GS soon anyways ;)

Comment

That would be for the best. I just wish I had gotten a 6800 instead of my 9800 Pro. It's not a bad card, but there's much better products just for just a little bit more money.

Is this for the system in your sig? You might consider bring the FSB above 200 a few MHz for a better overclock. There's even a wire mod to make it more stable.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I'm saying this because a T-Bred at 2.1GHz is going to really hold back a 6800GT. See if you can't get the FSB to around 210 or 215. Your RAM will be the major limitation, if you're getting good temps.

Comment

The core has the temp sensor but the board does not support it ie it does not have the chip on the board to read the sensor. Kinda sucks wld be nice to have temp readings.
                  Last edited by Gamebit; 10-12-2004, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X