Which Video Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Video Card?

I don't know what card to get. I am thinking of spending roughly $170AU. I don't know which card to get, what make, and what designer (I will probably get an .) However I need help.

Re: Which Video Card?

You'll probably be looking at a Radeon 9600 Pro for that much.

Comment

I don't know how to convert aussie to US, but NewEgg has a 5800nu for $109. That should take the 9600 Pro easily I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by SBGTF
        I don't know how to convert aussie to US, but NewEgg has a 5800nu for $109. That should take the 9600 Pro easily I would think.
        A newted 5800 here in Australia is worth $250aus while a non newted one is around $400aus.

ATM for around $170aus you're looking at R9550's, R9600's (non Pro/XT) or FX5500, FX5600 and FX5700LE's but if you can get about $200-220aus then R9600P's and FX5700's will give better performance but do checkout this Australian price search engine, http://www.razorprices.com/, as it will help you locate something suitable.

Comment

See for yourself:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-075&depa=0

Comment

That's American prices... Have you ever considered that Australia has completely different prices?

Comment

Originally posted by SBGTF
              That link is totally irrellevent to us people here in Australia.

Comment

I apologize. I did not realize that Aussie's could not buy off of NewEgg. I did realize that Australia has different currency, but I have no clue about the exchange rate.

SBGTF

Comment

The exchange rate can be found at numerous online sites (even sites that will do it for you), but the exchange rate for money is almost irrelevant when it comes to the exchange rate for computer hardware.

Unfortunately, only people in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Armed Forces can order from Newegg. I'll bet it would make things easier from people in other countries, even with shipping charges..

Comment

From Xsonic901 himself

Great, I will think about a 9600Pro 128Mb. Thank you.

Comment

Yes

Yes, definately a 9600 at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X