backing up vhs to dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backing up vhs to dvd

Hi everyone, fun little community you got going here. heres my question I've got some expensive vhs tapes that I need to transfer to dvd before there no good. what is a good video card out there to do the job? a lot of the cards I've seen have only got the TV-out. or maybe I over looked something. thanks for any help.
    Last edited by airraid; 09-11-2004, 11:47 PM.

Re: backing up vhs to dvd

An AIW R9800P should do the job.

Comment

There are also some X800 Pros that should do the job, but they will cost a lot more.

Comment

Jesus Christ, you don't have to buy those video cards they mentioned. Any All-In-Wonder Radeon card would do the job, also something called a Dazzle Digital video creator which has the AV plugs that you hook the VCR to, than it plugs into a USB/Firewire port. You also can always just buy a TV tuner card as well, though I would recommend the Dazzle DV creator.

Comment

thanks for that guys.

Comment

Yeah, anything from a $25 TVTuner to a high end AIW would do the job. The tuners won't give any real quality though, I too recommend a device that's just for capturing video, like the USB or Firewire Dazzles. They used to make internal cards as well, though I haven't looked into them lately, not sure if they still do.

Comment

Hi guys, I just bought a Leadtek TV2000 XP Deluxe woo,hoo. they go in oz for about $90.00 would this be the same as Dazzle? I know what you mean you only get what you pay for. I'm used to spending money on the good gear. but this is only to do a transfer before the tape is had it. I'm sure the quality wont be that bad. {I hope}
              Last edited by airraid; 09-13-2004, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X