nvida mobo, ati card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvida mobo, ati card

ive got a nvida chipset mobo and know that nvida chipset mobos dont play well with ati cards, ive got a 9800 pro that i dont want to give up, but its looking like im going to have to. 2 questions, one is there anyway i can make my nvida mobo like the ati card? and 2 if i cant do that, what is the nvida card that is equal to the 9800 pro 256?

Re: nvida mobo, ati card

You shouldn't have any problems with that setup but a 6800 should be your next choice.

Comment

no its horrible, after about 5 min. of playing a game i just get this black screen and cant do anything, i only get it while playing games though and recall getting it once or twice while in windows

Comment

What makes you think that's the video card? There are more things that can cause that than you can even imagine. Have you properly installed chipset and video card drives, along with DirectX? Have you tried the card in a different board? You know, it's possible that it's a defective card, or some other part of your system is defective.

Comment

I doubt it is an ATI vs nVidia thing. I've been using a nForce based mainboard with ATI graphics for better than a year with no issues at all. Even my current setup uses a nForce3 mainboard with the ATI based X800XT. Again there are no issues. I'd look elsewhere for the problem. Follow the guidelines above and also check for excessive heat inside the box.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Maybe your current PSU isn't up to the task so what brand and rating is it?

Comment

Working...
            X