Help with 9200SE Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 9200SE Artifacts

Hi. I recently picked up a Joytech Apollo Radeon 9200SE, 64MB DDR, VGA, TV and DVI. It was to replace my old nVidia TNT2 M64. I got it in Friday, and installed it. It ran great for a few hours, then my computer began to lock up and reboot at random. By Saturday, random dots, lines, and colored blocks started to show up, and the locking up was getting more frequent. I reseated the card numerous times, with no luck. I tried turning off the AGP fast write in the BIOS, still with no luck. The card isn't even hot, just warm. The artifacts show up on the BIOS screens during booting, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a software problem. I read about people having trouble with their power supplies not handling the video cards and causing problems. I had a 300 watt PS, and borrowed a friends 450W, still, no luck. I know the nVidia card works in the same system, as well as a 3DFX Voodoo3 3000 that I tried. Did I just get unlucky and get a bad card? Should I call and set up an RMA to have it replaced? For some pictures of what I'm seeing, look at the three here: http://kluneau.rchomepage.com/artifacts

Re: Help with 9200SE Artifacts

If the problem exists in your POST screen, it is a card problem and not a Windows problem. If the board is under warranty, RMA that sucker fast.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

LOL, I'll do that. I just got it in Friday, with a 1 year warranty. I'll see what I can get done.

Keith

Comment

I had a similar problem when i replaced my FX5200 with a 9800pro. it worked great for a couple hours, then i got artifacts everywhere. I sent it to ati. about 2 weeks later i could finally enjoy good graphics

Comment

Working...
        X