refresh rate fix...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refresh rate fix...

I was adjusting my refresh rate and apparently found a setting the monitor doesn't like. When I boot up the BIOS posts, WinXP loading logo appears and then I get a msg from my monitor that says Operating outside of scan range. I was setting the refresh rate up to see how viewing would improve when this happend...how can I set it back down? Might be a stupid newbie question...but then I'm a stupid newbie :)

Re: refresh rate fix...

Will the system allow you to enter the Advanced portion of your Display Properties? That is where the change was probably made in the first place.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Nah...my monitor was blank and I couldn't see anything...I had to restart..F8 and then restore last good settings to get video back...no more tinkering with the refresh rate for me

Comment

LOL... live and learn friend.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i don't know that it is possible, but you might try running it in safe mode and seeing if you could fix it in there, also you could find someone with a monitor that would support that refresh rate

are you not using XP cuz it has a fail safe against this kind of thing

Comment

Working...
          X